Writer, cook, reader, friend, thinker of shiny thoughts.
Actually, this is specifically a Running Man for gwynnemeeks post, but I figure maybe someone else could find it useful. After many months of telling Gwynne how awesome Running Man is, she has finally started watching some carefully curated episodes (i.e. episodes that I think would appeal for her either because the episode is awesome or because she likes the guests for that episode).
This list is broken up into different stages—watch whatever episodes within stage 1 that sound interesting to you before moving on to stage 2. Many thanks to mrshobbes for helping me compile the list!The first, bolded number will be the actual episode number, and the second number in parenthesis will be with DramaFever number.Stage 1: Cast only OR a few guests(Because you need to fall in love with the main members first and learn their variety personas.)
- 91 (2) The Return of Yoo-ames Bond, in which there is both a prison break and a spy mission going on at the same time and Jae-suk is really stressed about everything.
- 96, 97 (7, 8) with guests Park Ji Sung and IU, in which there is magical soccer and pretty much everyone is adorable.
- 120, 121 (31, 32) with Lee Seung-gi and Park Shin-hye, in which there are secret agents and lots of ridiculousness.
- 130 (41) Running Man Reincarnation, in which bizarre things happen to everyone and it’s really important, okay?
- 131 (42) Running Man vs The Fighters, in which people who professionally hit other people terrorize the cast.
- 133, 134 (44-45) Asia Race: Macao and Asia Race: Vietnam, in which Ji-hyo does the tallest bungee jump in the world cuz she gets too tired/annoyed with an easier mission.
- 135 (46) The Treasure Hunters, in which Jackie Chan speaks Korean, is adorable, and gets introduced to the acupuncture mats.
- 147 (58) Flower Boy Athletic Competition, in which Kim Soo-hyun is adorable and maybe you can finally wash away the bitter aftertaste you have from You Who Came From the Stars.
- 151, 152 (62, 63) Running Man vs The Grim Reaper and Early Vacation Race, in which this action star guy is seriously hot in one episode and then becomes a complete dork in the next.
- 175 (86) Suspect Target Race with Gong Yoo (he’s hot, trust me), in which there is a very fun nametag ripping and some hilarious games.
- 178 (89) Running Man vs The Writers, in which the cast is annoyed by all the ridiculous things the writers have made them do, and Ji-hyo is so tired from filming her drama she falls asleep on top of a giant Jenga tower
- 200 (111) 2014 Dream Cup, in which we begin with soccer and end with a lot of up-close-and-personal moments with various animals.Stage 2: Cast with several guests(Now that you know the cast and their variety personas, let’s introduce you to some other awesome people. Not a lot of screen time for anyone, but the competitions are fun!)
- 104 (15) Idol Summer Olympics, in which a bunch of pretty people compete in various “olympic” events and Lee Joon does ballet on a volleyball court.
- 138 (49) Gentleman High School Club with Kim Woo-bin and Lee Jong-suk, in which there is a game of capture the flag that everyone takes way too seriously.
- 161 (72) Pirates of the Western Sea with Shinhwa, in which 30-something boy band members are fantastic (pirate-flavored) competition for the cast.
- 162 (73) Idol Summer Special, in which we have basically the best opening ever in Running Man history, and Jong-kook does the best girl group sexy dance ever.
- 163 (74) The Battle for Ji-hyo’s Heart with Big Bang, in which Ji-hyo gets to be queen and the guys jump through ridiculous hoops (and muddy rice paddies) to win her heart.
- 166 (77) Battle of the Heir’s Company Shares with Kim Woo-bin, Park Shin-hye, and Choi Jin-hyuk, in which Woo-bin and Jin-hyuk are adorable and kind of inept and…really, just be amused by them.
- 182 (93) Letter From Hong Kong/Chinese New Year, in which a bunch of rising stars join the Running Man cast to do a bunch of (really cool) games that a fan came up with.
- 188, 189, 191 (99, 100, 102) Adventure in Australia with Kim Woo-bin and Rain, in which everyone goes to Australia and get to do things that they are terrified of and/or make them look adorable.
- 195 (106) Idol Athletic Competition with 2NE1 and 2PM, in which Jong-kook gets pissed off and the results are glorious.
- 198 (109) Unbreakable Love Couple Race, in which Park Seo-joon is totally professional about the kissing game with Ji-hyo, and Jong-kook almost dies during his kissing game with his partner.